Friday, February 11, 2011

Life just has a way of sneaking up on ya!!

Yesterday was a big day for me...i signed my oldest daughter up for drivers education!! Just typing that makes my stomach turn...it stresses me out. Can it already be time for her to spread her wings and fly...far from her mother?? I remember when she was born..when she took her first toddle and fell on the coffee table...her first stay over at grandma's ....her first attempt at riding a bike.   This is the same girl who took a ride on her friends motorized scooter and almost hit a parked car!!!! Now I have to stand back and watch her drive away...as quick as she can!

Life has many milestones..and most I wait for anxiously...but this i have been dreading for a long time. Its the first of many for her..next it will be her first "real" boyfriend...spring break to God only knows where...leaving for college..moving to another city...and getting married and starting her own family.

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you...you just have to be ready...and willing! I have to have faith in God and know that he will keep her safe and guide her in ways that i couldn't!!

I love you Autumn and I hope you enjoy the road you are getting ready to follow!!

May God bless you in all that you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment