Saturday, January 29, 2011

Eating Healthier!!

On my quest to eat healthier..i let my children each pick a new and different fruit to try today at the grocery store. Oh what fun that was! My daughter picked a mango which we all loved...and my son bought a coconut. (Do you think we are missing the warm weather here..notice the tropical feel??) 
After what seemed like hours and alot of whining from the little ones..i finally cracked that coconut! EWWWWW!! They are definitely not as tasty as the sugared coconut you buy in the bag!! LOL!! What do people do with these?? We ended up wasting most of it which really upsets me...but i guess you'll never know if you like something if you never try it!!


I went to the doctors office (finally!!) last week and found out that I have very high blood pressure...still waiting for all my bloodwork results. Doesn't look good though so i am trying to start watching what i put in my mouth and excercising more! This is so much harder than it should be i swear. 
I did find a very great website though which helps you track everything...from what you eat, to how much water you drink, and even how much you excercise!! Its called sparkpeople.com!! This is NOT an advertisement for them..i just thought that maybe some of you out there might like to see for yourselves. They have millions of good healthy recipes and even excercise videos!! If you are trying to live healthier like me...you should give them a try...they are absolutely free!!!


Until tomorrow!!


May God bless you in all you do!!!
Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment